It has been a long time since i have written here. But after this amazing weekend, I thought that i should write. So what happened, this weekend, you might ask. Well, I went on my first ever long drive, on my own. 1400 Kms approximately, to be sure, from Bangalore, to Hyderabad (https://goo.gl/maps/jxSmtcuoNtm), from Hyderabad…
Today i went for a movie at The Forum mall (@TheForumMallKor) at Koramangala and experienced one the problems of a cash strapped (not money strapped) person in places which only accept cash payments. Cash payment of anything has become a problem since Modiji (@narendramodi) demonetized the old 500 and 1000 Rs notes. While the demonetization…
Starting from September 23rd 2016 onto September 25th 2016, we had conference of Pycon India 2016, at the Convention Center in the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) new campus in Delhi. It is a massive event with a large number of python enthusiasts, organized by the Python Software Society of India (PSSI). I reached Delhi a…
Cool event, I was here as well.
Docker birthday #3 Bangalore was celebrated at Huawei India on 26th March. As per the number of people who RSVPed the training was divided into two sessions. First session was conducted by Neependra and second was conducted by Sreenivas.
Meetup started with presentation walk-through by Neependra Khare. He explained what Docker is, various components of Docker, how Docker has changed the picture of the application deployment, micro-service based deployment using Docker as opposed to monolithic deployments in old world. Then he explained what the “Birthday training” consist of?
After the presentation he exercised through all the commands specified on the training and what each command does, where people were following along. On the way to completion of tutorial he also explained what Dockerfile is and what Docker Compose file is. Mentors viz. Shubham Minglani, Zeeshan Ahmed, Venkata Nagesh Devaraa, Janki Chhatbar, Durga…
View original post 235 more words
I was here as well, and have to agree with suraj on all fronts
- CentOS history, growth and his involvement with project since 2003.
- Now works at Red Hat after Red Hat started sponsoring CentOS project in 2014.
- CentOS project is umbrella of many projects and CentOS Linux is one of the project.
- Many commercial companies and open-source organizations contribute to CentOS.
- Red Hat and CentOS help each other in various ways (article that explains it all).
- What project to choose Fedora/CentOS, depending on the use case of a person.
- How to contribute to CentOS project if one doesn’t know coding knows only operations.
- CentOS is now extensively being used in HPC.
View original post 326 more words